Of all the advances of modern medicine, few have had the impact of diagnostic imaging. NuHealth’s 30-room Radiology Department at Nassau University Medical Center performs more than 150,000 diagnostic procedures every year, helping our physicians and our colleagues in the community diagnose everything from broken bones to damaged hearts.
- A complete array of the most-in-demand diagnostic imaging services, including computerized tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasonography and other diagnostic imaging technology, delivered by a staff that takes time to ease your concerns and make your visit as easy as possible.
- New, state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment, including such recent additions as:
- Two new state-of-the-art digital mammography machines at Nassau University Medical Center, plus an additional digital unit in NuHealth’s Mobile Mammography Van.
- New DEXA (bone densitometry) unit
- New breast-ultrasound Unit
- New flat-panel rotational digital angiography unit
- State-of-the-art 320-slice CT coming soon in the new Emergency Department at Nassau University Medical Center
- Two new digital x-ray units
- Sophisticated 3-D software for reading exams
- All-digital x-rays and voice recognition software help quickly put reports in your physician’s hands usually in less than one hour.
- Highly trained radiological technicians with the skills and experience to produce the best possible images for interpretation.
Equally important, NuHealth’s staff of radiologists and technologists never forgets that our subjects are not objects we’ll do everything we can to ease your concerns and make your visit as easy as possible.