The Continuing Medical Education (CME) mission at the Nassau Health Care Corporation is to strive for excellence in improving patient care and their outcomes, enhancing physicians’ competencies and changing performance as the result of high quality CME programs provided to the physician and allied health professionals in an ideal learning environment. The core foundation of our programs is based on current accepted standards of care within the various fields of medicine, as well as scientific advancements in the study and practice of medicine. Our programs foster safe, cost effective patient care with optimal outcomes, strong patient – physician relationships, and essential ties to the community. As a clinical campus for four medical schools, we provide continuing education to its associates and community health professionals. As we strive to be the premier source of continuing education and ongoing training for health care providers, we are facilitators for nearby health institutions and the core of sponsorship for community programs.
- To meet the professional, ethical and academic standards as required by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and the American Medical Association (AMA).
- To provide and support clinical conferences, lecture symposiums and other educational programs which will result in the enhancement of knowledge and the skills of our healthcare professionals, thereby improving their competencies and changing their performances, resulting in high quality patient care.
- To improve patient outcomes through prevention strategies, early diagnosis management, and treatment of all patients that enter this institution via learned evidence based care.
- To foster enduring materials such as audiovisual media and computer based programs that will enable the practitioner to develop new clinical skills through self-directed education.
- To promote accepted standards of care that will enhance physicians’ competencies and performance utilizing the latest scientific developments, both locally & regionally, through interactive Internet activities, satellite broadcasting and video conferencing.
- To assist nearby healthcare institutions/specialty societies and practicing healthcare professionals in the community with program development and the accreditation process.
- To foster multi-disciplinary relationships among the professionals in order to provide excellent service to the patient, the general public and outlying communities.
- To assess continuing medical education needs based on an annual survey, needs assessment data, QA recommendations/outcome data, departmental input, Ethics and other Committees of the Medical Staff Office as applicable to the community.
Nassau University Medical Center (Nassau Health Care Corporation) is accredited by the Medical Society of the State of New York (MSSNY) to provide continuing medical education programs for physicians.
As an accredited provider, Nassau University Medical Center welcomes planners of educational programs for the healthcare worker. Please submit your application to Mary Harms – CME administrator. Ms Harms and other committee members will be available to assist planners in the process of applying for CME accreditation of their program. The educational program planned must meet our CME mission statement and goals for approval. Once a program has been approved, it will be listed on the website informing future participants.
Director & Chair