Our Medical Staff Services Professionals are committed to providing excellent customer service and support for the Organized Medical & Dental Staff of NuHealth.
We are dedicated to assisting NuHealth in its goal to deliver high quality care by credentialing all medical staff and allied health professionals in accordance with Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services, New York State Department of Health, The Joint Commission and other regulatory standards.
It is the mission of this office to promote high quality and safe patient care through the support of the Medical & Dental Staff and its functions.
The Medical Staff Office is primarily responsible for coordinating all aspects of the credentialing and privileging process of Healthcare Practitioners and Allied Health Professionals to ensure that healthcare practitioners meet all of the necessary requirements and are appropriately qualified for NuHealth membership.
The Medical & Dental Staff Office performs the following major functions:
- Initiates and completes the credentialing process for the healthcare practitioners to include appointment, reappointment, and the granting of clinical privileges
- Serves as an information resource to medical and hospital staff concerning medical staff issues to include Joint Commissions standards, medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations and state and federal regulations.
- Performs quality audits and reporting for credentialing
- Prepares, attends, and performs follow-up for all the medical & dental staff committee meetings.
- Serves as a liaison for physician administrative interactions
- Maintains complete and current credentialing files for all members of the Medical & Dental Staff and Allied Health Professionals
- Tracks quality indicators for ongoing professional practice evaluations
- Provides appropriate credentialing information to hospitals and institutions as requested.
Dianna Ruppel, CPMSM
Medical Staff Services