To All Incoming Resident Physicians:
You are required to have a pre-employment physical prior to starting your residency at NUMC.
We are required to evaluate your immunity status for the following:
- Measles, mumps, rubella and varicella
- Hepatitis B
- Tetanus status
- 2 TST (PPD) is required (or a chest x-ray if you are TST positive)
These services will be provided in Employee Health at the time of your exam; there is no need to obtain these tests prior to coming to NUMC. If you had these tests performed and the results are available to you, bring the information with you at the time of your pre-employment physical.
The following information, if available, will be useful:
- Laboratory-documented titers for measles, mumps, rubella or varicella
- Documentation of vaccination for any of the above named infections
- Documentation of a TST (PPD) with in the past year
- If positive for TST (PPD), proof of a chest x-ray (report) within the last 6 months
- If you have had the hepatitis B vaccine, bring proof of vaccination or titer reports
- Bring documentation of seasonal and/or H1N1, if available
Employee Health Services will be processing a large number of incoming residents. To ensure the process is complete prior to the beginning of the Residency Orientation Program, please report to Employee Health prior to orientation. If you go to Employee Health Services later than this date, your start date may be delayed.
Employee Health is located on the first floor, E Building, Room MP 132, and is open Monday through Friday.Residents must make an appointment for a pre-employment physical by calling (516)572-6308
Employee Health Services