Recovery from broken bones, muscle deterioration, nerve damage, stroke and other disabling events takes time, effort and the expert guidance of NuHealth’s Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. Our experienced staff of physicians, therapists and other health professionals are ready to help motivate and move our patients through the difficult, often frustrating challenge of restoring their bodies to peak operating condition.
- Specialized Brain Injury Unit.
- Certified specialists in hand and lymphedema occupational therapy.
- PM&R Chair Dr. Lyn Weiss named to America’s Best Doctors.
- Seamless interaction between the physicians who make orthopedic repairs and those who develop your personal rehabilitation program.
- We provide inpatient acute rehabilitation services as well as extensive outpatient care, including physiatry, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and neuropsychological services.
The department physicians just published their ninth research book, a Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Question & Answer volume. Additional books written by the department include:
- Neuromuscular Quick Pocket Reference
- The Oxford Handbook of PM&R
- Easy EMG
- Easy Injections
- Cumulative Trauma Disorders
- Skin Care Triad
- PM&R Q and A (2 editions)
- After Easy EMG (2 editions)