Victims of accidents, violence and acute illness make Nassau University Medical Center one of the busiest hospitals on Long Island and ensure that NuHealth’s specialists in Emergency Medicine are among the most experienced trauma specialists in the region. Their swift, decisive actions in the face of medical and surgical crises routinely save thousands of lives each year. Simply put, when a medical emergency arises, there is no better place to be than Nassau University Medical Center.
- NUMC’s designated Level I Trauma Center sees more than 75,000 patients every year.
- Home of the nationally recognized Nassau County Firefighters Burn Center Nassau County’s only burn unit and hyperbaric center that gets ambulances from NYC for treatment.
- The tri-state area’s first Level I Trauma Center, with a multi-disciplinary wound-care team and a multi-station hyperbaric oxygen chamber.
- Specialized and separate Emergency Departments for Pediatrics and Psychiatry.
- New, state-of-the art Emergency Department opened 2011