Health care in America is changing, and NuHealth is part of that change. We are committed to delivering excellent essential medical care, and disease and lifestyle management to everyone, at every stage of life. We want to make health care more accessible, affordable and patient-friendly for young families, hardworking singles, and seniors with growing health care needs, here on Long Island.
There have been and will continue to be many physical improvements and operational changes throughout NuHealth’s Centers of Care in Nassau University Medical Center, A. Holly Patterson Extended Care Facility, and the NuHealth Family Health Centers. Equally important, we are dedicated to an ongoing process of critical self-examination and clinical improvement to ensure we are providing the best possible care for our community. In the end, however, it is dedication to these core commitments that will determine our success:
- We will provide consistently sound and compassionate care to every person who enters our doors…the kind of care we would want for ourselves and our loved ones.
- We will emphasize preventative care and disease management, helping patients learn how to keep themselves and their families healthy.
- We will ensure that patients have their own doctors in the community and, if they don’t, we will help them establish a “medical home” at our hospital or Family Health Centers.
- We will help uninsured patients find coverage they can afford, and work to ensure that no person fails to seek medical help because they fear the cost.
- We will treat each person — patients, families and each other — with respect and dignity, and do our best to listen carefully and communicate clearly.
- We will focus on delivering excellent essential medical care of the type most in demand, while expanding relationships with outside experts to ensure every patient has access to necessary specialized medicine.
- We will be good stewards of the funds that help sustain our operations, and do our best to balance the diverse needs of our stakeholders.
Above all, NuHealth intends to be a national model of what a state-of-the-art public hospital and community health care system should be. We will set standards in teaching and research, and become a respected and sought-out authority in public health care education. We are working hard to be a model of accessibility and cultural sensitivity. But, our highest priority is right here at home: to earn the public trust as a leader in patient care by meeting — and exceeding — the highest public standards.