NuCare is making it possible for everyday people to get the care they need to stay healthy. And with our low eligibility requirements, even a family of four earning as much as $44,100 annually can participate at very low cost.
- Low-or no-cost primary and specialty care
- Your own doctor, close to home
- Scheduled appointments
- Health coaches and healthy-living handbooks
- Wellness information and support programs
What is NuCare?
NuCare is new program to help every person in Nassau County get the medical care and support they need to keep themselves and their families healthy. NuCare emphasizes primary care, wellness, healthy living and education, giving patients the tools to take charge of their futures. Instead of worrying about the cost of care and waiting for help in a crowded emergency room, you will have a “medical home” with your own doctor, backed by a team of specialists and care guides who will provide care for routine illnesses right in your own community.
Who runs NuCare?
NuCare is a program of NuHealth, a public benefit health-care organization that includes Nassau University Medical Center, A. Holly Patterson Extended Care and a network of Family Health Centers in the community.
Is NuCare health insurance?
No, but we will help qualified participants obtain low-or no-cost insurance coverage when available. Even if you do not qualify for insurance, NuCare will make sure you get the medical care you need.
Am I eligible for NuCare?
NuCare is designed to help working families and individuals, many of whom struggle with the high cost of living on Long Island and need assistance to keep themselves and their families healthy.
|No. of Individuals||Annual Income Limit|
|9+||+ $13,090 per person|
Take Charge of Your Health
Good health starts with smart, healthy living. NuCare gives you tools to help you make the right choices to keep your and your family’s health on track, including:
- Healthy Life Handbook – full of information to help you and your family stay happy and healthy (English and Spanish).
- Health Coaches – bilingual professionals to help you navigate the sometimes confusing health care landscape, advise you how to get and stay healthy, and work with you to set annual health goals, especially for those at risk of chronic disease.
- Care Managers – specialized professionals to help patients with chronic conditions that require close and careful monitoring, including:
- Adult Asthma
- Heart Failure
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Healthy Lifestyle and Self-Care Workshops
- Support Groups for Chronic Disease Management
As a NuCare patient, you’ll have a “medical home” in the closest of our Family Health Centers. That means you’ll be cared for by compassionate doctors and nurses right in your own neighborhood…people who know you and will work to keep you and your family healthy. And, most important, NuCare provides health care you can afford regardless of your income, residency or immigration status. Services you’ll find at our Family Health Centers include:
- Preventive and Routine Medical Care
- Physicals, Screening and Vaccines
- Vision Screening
- Well-Baby Checkups
- Sick Child Visits
- Women’s Health Services
- Prenatal Care
- Nutritional Counseling
- Family Planning
To learn more about NuCare, call or visit the NuHealth Family Health Center nearest you
Elmont: (516) 571-8200
Hempstead: (516) 572-1300
Roosevelt: (516) 571-8600
Roosevelt High School: (516) 867-8551
South Ocean Care: (516) 623-3600
Westbury: (516) 571-9500
To speak with the NuCare program executive, please call (516) 296-CARE.