Connect Your Patients to Excellent Care
NuHealth recognizes the importance of partnering with our community-based providers to optimally manage our patients’ healthcare needs. For that reason, NuHealth is pleased to offer the following tools and resources.
Dedicated Physician Phone Line: (516) NUDoc4U ((516) 683-6248)
- Single point of contact for streamlined communications connects you with NuHealth hospitalists, faculty and administrators.
- Coordinated communication and well-aligned healthcare services simplify your patient’s experience at NuHealth.
- We use information that you provide to prepare our care team for your patients’ visits.
- A single point of contact makes it easier to ensure that your patients have the best experience at our facility.
- Our easy-to-use referral service offers you and your staff access to NuHealth’s specialty and ancillary services.
- Online referral forms and dedicated fax lines ensure your appointments are scheduled timely.
- We navigate our system on behalf of your patients so that they get the services they need without effort.
- Prompt and personalized feedback ensures that diagnostic test results and consultation reports are returned directly to you.
- IRIS electronic-referral system (Internet Referral Information System) is a secure, fully HIPAA- compliant Web-based patient-referral system that allows community providers to access the NuHealth appointment system directly, to schedule specialty appointments for your patients even before they leave your office.
- IRIS also allows you to learn from your referrals by providing the following information:
- Referral history and patient’s no-show frequency
- Patient’s referral history to assist in determining care
- History of consult reports for reference
- Tracking of patient status referred NuHealth
- The reporting capability of IRIS will support routine and accurate tracking of your patients, from initial referral request to treatment at NuHealth to results/consult reports being returned back to your office. It is a referral management tool for you and your support staff.
- Patients may be directed to schedule appointments by calling 516-486-NUMC.
Emergency Room Visits
- We use information that you provide to send out email alerts if your members present to our Emergency Department.
- A Provider Relations Specialist will introduce you to unique specialty services, Centers of Excellence, and programs that can optimize your patients’ care.
- Faculty-led Grand Rounds regularly held at our facility and open to community physicians
- Presentations on the latest medical advances, and best practices by leading clinicians will also be available periodically
- Patient education materials, clinical guidelines, and other relevant care-management tools are available online
To contact Provider Relations, please call 516-296-2547.